Monday, November 4, 2013

Training in the hills Day 3: Are we there yet?

     I had gotten a much better nights sleep after the coyotes decided to take a hike and had not chewed on my neck while I slept.

     Morning routines out of the way I began to wrap up camp. I did everything I could to remove as many traces as possible that I was there. I would take ALL of my trash with me on the pack other than what I had buried. I poured enough water on the camp fire location turning it to mud and stirred it with a stick. I did not want to be responsible for causing a forest fire and not being allowed to come back onto the property. 

     One thing that I can say about this trip is that ounces equal pounds and pounds do equal pain. The deep cycle battery was heavy to carry and added more discomfort than I needed. Odds are it may not be brought on the next trip. What I will bring is the small solar chargers such as the Kodak and the Solio Classic.

     I managed after a downhill trek to get back to my parked truck and unload my equipment. I was tired but I had a big sense of satisfaction.

     I managed to do three days and two nights on my own and actually was fairly comfortable during the hottest part of the Summer. I was able to see what I should and should not take with me in that time of the year. My next trip will be during the winter for the same amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment